GrowtoRetire.com Weekend Reads
Here are the best collection of articles and news just for you.
Grab a cup of cappuccino and have a nice weekend.
- What’s the Yield Curve? ‘A Powerful Signal of Recessions’ Has Wall Street’s Attention (NY Times)
“Economists and investors are watching the shrinking gap between interest rates on 2-year and 10-year U.S. government bonds — known in the bond market as a flattening yield curve. “
- Do Active Bond ETF Managers Add Value? (ETF)
- GE Narrows Focus to Power, Aviation in Latest Revamp (WSJ)
Conglomerate to shed health-care, Baker Hughes businesses as part of a push to reverse its painful slump
- How women and men approach money differently: risk, investment, and return (Big Think)
- Ten Lessons from Michael Batnick’s Book ‘Big Mistakes’ (Ivanhoff)
- How Venezuela became the most dangerous country to live in the world (Quartz)
- Two Years After the Brexit Vote, No Regrets (Business Week)
Britain’s most depressed regions don’t want Europe’s help.
- I talked to Google’s Duplex voice assistant. It felt like the beginning of something big. (Recode)
But it’s not even close to ready for everyday use.
- The secret to a meaningful life is simpler than you think (Quartz)
- How Are You Protecting Your High Performers from Burnout? (HBR)
- The Bullshit-Job Boom (New Yorker)
For more and more people, work appears to serve no purpose. Is there any good left in the grind?