GrowtoRetire.com Weekend Reads
Here are the best collection of articles and news just for you.
Grab a cup of cappuccino and have a nice weekend.
FIRE / Retirement
- The changing face of retirement: Apartment living, active lifestyles, and rural homes (Curbed) – How a “silver tsunami” of aging boomers will reshape the senior housing market
- I quit working full-time years ago—here’s why I recommend it highly (Quartz)
- Live Free and Die (Slate) – A new startup will buy seniors’ homes—and let them live there for life.
- Fidelity, Bruised From Crises, Searches for Life After Mutual Funds (NY Times)
- How China’s 36th-Best Car Company Saved Volvo (Bloomberg Businessweek)
- David Einhorn’s Greenlight Re Under Attack (Institutional Investor)
Sunesis Capital’s Manal Mehta thinks the hedge fund manager’s reinsurance unit is in trouble, according to a new presentation.
- World’s Best CEOs: 30 Leaders With Talent to Spare (Barrons)
- They’re Whispering the D-Word in Asia’s Junk Market (Bloomberg)
China’s high-yield sales and defaults are climbing.
- How to Get the Most Out of a Day Off (HBR)
- All the books Bill Gates has recommended over the last eight years (Quartz)
- The difference between intelligence and wisdom—and how to acquire both (Quartz)
- Every cryptocurrency’s nightmare scenario is happening to Bitcoin Gold (Quartz)
- A practical guide to the European Union’s GDPR for American businesses (Recode)
American businesses operating or serving customers in the EU need to understand what they need to do to prepare for a new reality — which begins on May 25.