GrowtoRetire.com Weekend Reads
Here are the best collection of articles and news just for you.
Grab a cup of cappuccino and have a nice day.
You will find more infographics at Statista
- What It’s Like to Raise a Family on $57,000 in Houston, Texas (Fatherly)
- 3 Reasons It’s Dumb to Take Social Security Benefits at 62 (The Motley Fool)
- How to Pay Zero Taxes Legally in Retirement (Entrepreneur)
- How Puerto Rico’s Debt Created A Perfect Storm Before The Storm (NPR)
- Inflation divergence drives German/U.S. yield gap near 3-decade high (Reuters)
- Detroit Was Crumbling. Here’s How It’s Reviving. (NY Times)
Last week, we visited the city to find further signs of recovery as Detroit moves out from under budgetary oversight.
- David Goodall: 104-year-old scientist to end own life in Switzerland (The Guardian) – Goodall’s decision is reigniting a debate about euthanasia in Australia where assisted suicide is illegal.
- A black man was forced to pay upfront at a Chinese restaurant. He got his meal — and $10,000. (The Washington Post)
- White Male VCs Tend to Fund White Male Entrepreneurs. Could Robots Do Better? (Bloomberg BusinessWeek)
- Anonymous Owner, L.L.C.: Why It Has Become So Easy to Hide in the Housing Market (NY Times)
A way to protect property owners from personal liability has also turned out to be handy for enabling problematic behavior, like laundering money or being a bad landlord.
- Germany’s export-oriented economic model is caught in a US-Chinese squeeze (Bruegel)
- Tesla Doesn’t Burn Fuel, It Burns Cash – A complete guide to how Elon Musk has raised, and then spent, billions of dollars. (Bloomberg)
- Facebook, Google, and Netflix pay a higher median salary than Exxon, Goldman Sachs or Verizon (Recode)
- Taxi Cab Owners and Regulators Created Uber (Bloomberg)
- If You’re So Smart, Why Aren’t You Rich? (Bloomberg) – New research suggests personality has a larger effect on success than IQ.
- Seven thought experiments that will make you question everything (Big Think)
- Even a Little Exercise Might Make Us Happier (NY Times)
Take this beauty to Pinterest!