GrowtoRetire.com Weekend Reads
Here are the best collection of articles and news just for you.
Grab a cup of cappuccino and have a nice weekend.
- How Not to Negotiate a $6.1 Billion Deal (Bloomberg BusinessWeek)
The Xerox-Fujifilm formula: 1. Tell CEO he’s fired. 2. Have him arrange sale of company. 3. Hope Carl Icahn doesn’t find out.
- Mortgage Rates Hit Seven-Year High as Ultracheap Era Ends (WSJ) – A strong economy and inflation concerns helped push up home-loan rates.
- Every cryptocurrency’s nightmare scenario is happening to Bitcoin Gold (Quartz)
- The Rich Get the Most Out of College (Bloomberg)
Well-off white men make connections that help them get ahead of their classmates.
- China Couldn’t Keep Growing Like Mad Forever (Bloomberg)
Scarcity, not abundance, will define the nation’s future.
- Why You Should Stop Being So Hard on Yourself (NY Times)
Self-criticism can take a toll on our minds and bodies. It’s time to ease up.
- How Living Abroad Helps You Develop a Clearer Sense of Self (HBR)
- 30 Wild and Beautiful Places in Europe (National Geographic)
- Finally Found: Spanish Ship That Sank With $17B in Gold (NBC)
The exact location of the wreck of the San Jose, often called the “holy grail of shipwrecks,” was long considered one of history’s enduring maritime mysteries
- A NASA photographer caught the perfect SpaceX launch shot. Then his camera melted (Quartz)
- Uber’s semi-autonomous car detected the pedestrian six seconds before the fatal crash, a federal agency says
The National Traffic Safety Board said Uber’s system depends on the driver to brake in emergencies. (Recode)
- Surviving Prison as a Wall Street Convict (Institutional Investor)
It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.
– Tom Brokaw