Blog traffic Report and Social Media Numbers
Welcome to the April blog report update!
This month I wrote 17 posts. The idea is to make a post about finance/FIRE/blogging on Mondays and Wednesdays. Fridays will be to update roundups about traffic, income, the best FIRE blog posts, and recipes. I want to find the perfect balance between the blog and other projects/job.
There is nothing permanent except change. – Heraclitus
Top Posts April
- 5 Reasons Why Coding is a Skill You Should Learn in 2018 (Plus 6 Websites to Start NOW) (+600 Views | +100 Social Media Shares)
- +100 Amazing Facts That You Probably Don’t Know (+550 Views | 15 Social Media Shares)
- April 2018 Update: How Bloggers are Making Over $1 Million Every Month (+500 Views | 20 Social Media Shares)
Best 3 Blog Posts Ever
The podium has changed. Again. Coming from nowhere, a post that I’ve written long ago, has jumped to second place. I’m trying to understand how. Second place: A post with the basic about passive investments and how exchange-traded funds work. I’m happy that sometimes without doing absolutely nothing, our work somehow gets “rediscovered”.
- 12 Best FIRE and Finance Blogs to Follow (+2500 Views | +450 Shares)
- Passive Investment and Exchange Traded Funds (+2000 Views | +50 Shares)
- 7 Things Successful People Do Everyday (+1600 Views | +1000 Social Media Shares)
- Personal Finance and FIRE Podcasts That Are Worth Checking Out (+1300 Views | +65 Shares)
This Month Numbers
Numbers directly from Google Analytics. Last month blog report.
This month I had:
- 1755 Visitors (decrease from last month: 2153)
- 5180 Page Views (decrease from last month: 5534)
- Bounce Rate decreased to 79,11% which is positive. (Last month: 79,65%)
- 2503 Sessions is a good number but still very far from the minimum of 25,000 sessions to start monetizing the blog with some ads. (Last month: 2993)
- Alexa Global Rank: 2,446,292 (last month: 2,438,134)
- SimilarWeb Global Rank: 8,107,368
- Country Rank (United States): 2,164,484
- My traffic has decreased for the first time. Time to experiment new strategies and to deliver the best possible content.
Visitors by country (TOP 7):
1. United States 875 (49.80%)
2. India 212 (12.07%)
3. Canada 112 (6.37%)
4. United Kingdom 89 (5.07%)
5. Peru 51 (2.90%)
6. Australia 42 (2.39%)
7. Germany 31 (1.76%)
Visitors by Social Network:
One of the key advantages of having all those social networks is that you can leverage your position (if you’re new) and try to reach more people using your own profiles and social pages. This month users coming from all social networks is 45.64% of all traffic. (Last month 58,10%). So I managed to balance things out (little more).
StumbleUpon continues to be the best source of traffic, but it’s a lot more balanced when compared with other months. Also, Pinterest made a huge contribution this month, with 169 visitors! On the negative side, Facebook has collapsed in terms of new audience. This phenomenon is being felt by other websites and bloggers too. Something is changing in the Facebook algorithm, which poses new challenges for website owners.
As I said it more than once: A blogger with a lot of followers in multiple social networks is a blogger with the possibility of free advertising. Free leverage.
For the first time ever I reach the 2000 followers mark! In 5 months. It’s been very helpful in keeping my visitors’ numbers up.
Facebook: New strategies have to be implemented, to bring more followers to blog. The StumbleUpon Group has now 18 members. Get on board if you want to get more audience from StumbleUpon.
Twitter: “Your Tweets earned 62.6K impressions over this 30 day period” which is pretty good for someone just getting started!
Pinterest: With 19k monthly viewers, and +500 followers this is the social network where GrowtoRetire.com is improving the better.
Bloglovin: Improving a lot from the first months. Still a small contribution to the overall follower base and audience acquisition.
StumbleUpon: The king in terms of audience, but still small in terms of followers.
Google+: Keeps adding value to my overall strategy. My community “Bloggers on Google Plus” is rising every day, with +75 members.
Linkedin: Very small in terms of readers acquisition. Still, a long way to improve.
Social Media Tools
Finally, if you want to keep it up with all the updates from the blog, please follow one or more social links. It’s free and easy.
If you have a blog or a website, you really should consider having social profiles/pages linked to your website. It expands your online presence, making it easier to bring more traffic.
- The Best Social Media Tools To Bring More Traffic (+550 Views)
Additionally don’t forget to include social sharing buttons, to make it easy for others to share your work. You can try Social Warfare. This is a WordPress plugin that adds beautiful, lightning-fast social share buttons to your website or blog.
One thing that I’ve been working lately is to make it really easy for people to subscribe to my newsletter. The objective is to increase the number of subscribers, and then to share the best content that I have with them. Also, there are some things – private – that will only be shared through the newsletter.
But for now, the newsletter is still under construction.
Total Subscribers – 24 (Last month: 19)
Goals For the Near Future
Last month I only achieve the followers base goal. Next month I’ll continue to work on other strategies to help me get to those numbers. Wish me luck!
- Continue to write content that can help my visitors and followers;
- Try new secret strategies;
- Grow my audience to 3000 Visitors;
- Grow my friends and followers on my social profiles/pages to 2500;
- Grow my newsletter subscribers to 25.
Take this Pin to Pinterest!