The GrowtoRetire.com Saturday Best is a collection of articles I’ve curated for your reading pleasure.
Grab a cup of cappuccino and have a nice day.
- U.S. Pension Fund Collapse Isn’t a Distant Prospect. It Could Come in 5 Years. (Bloomberg)
- From Hawaii to Italy, free trips fuel retirement savings sales push (Politico)
- Gentrification Is Turning Berlin Into a Generic Hipsterville (Bloomberg) – Even Germany’s tenant-friendly laws are stretched to the limit as the capital city submits to gentrification.
- Help! My dad’s lost more than $10,000, and he won’t stop trading away his retirement (Market Watch)
- More people have Amazon Prime than live in Germany (Quartz) – Amazon Prime now has more than 100 million members, CEO Jeff Bezos said April 18 in his annual letter to shareholders. For context, that’s greater than the population of Germany, Vietnam, or Egypt.
- Australia’s top bank says it charged dead clients for advice (CNN)
- 7 Secrets of Warren Buffett’s Success (as per Charlie Munger) (Safalniveshak)
- Expiring vs. Long-Term Knowledge (Collaborative Fund)
- What Bitcoin Is Really Worth May No Longer Be Such a Mystery – It’s somewhere between $20 and $800,000, according to economic theory and a night of drinking. (Bloomberg)
- World Debt Hits Record $164 Trillion (Bloomberg)
- What we learned from James Comey’s book about leadership—aka, the book about Trump (Quartz)
- The secret to Germany’s happiness and success: Its values are the opposite of Silicon Valley’s (Quartz)
- Up to a third of millennials ‘face renting their entire life’ (BBC)
- Non-profit’s $300 hepatitis C cure as effective as $84,000 alternative (The Guardian)
- The collapse of the Venezuelan health system (The Lancet)
You will find more infographics at Statista