Blog traffic Report and Social Media Numbers
Welcome to the March blog report update!
This month I started “The Saturday Best“. A compilation of the best articles that I’ve read in the last week. Only the best of the best just for you.
This month I wrote 17 posts (the biggest month ever) and made some changes on the strategy. I love blogging but I want also have more time to other projects. Those projects are meant to complement the blog and to help readers and other bloggers to achieve their goals.
There is nothing permanent except change. – Heraclitus
Top Posts March
- Personal Finance and FIRE Podcasts That Are Worth Checking Out (+1000 Views | +65 Shares) – A compilation of the best Personal Finance and FIRE Podcasts for you to listen. The fastest blog post to reach +1000 Views in less than 48 hours.
- How Bloggers are Making Over $1 Million Every Month (+500 Views | +40 Shares) – A roundup with the best blog income reports that I could find. If you want to include your income report in future updates of this post, please feel free to click the link above and find out how.
- Dollar Cost Averaging vs Lump Sum Investing (+400 Views | +100 Shares) – Surprisingly this post had some attention. A lot more views and shares than I would expect.
- 11 Ways To Make Money From Your Blog (+400 Views | +100 Shares) – A classic post on ways to make money from your blog. This is targeted for new bloggers.
Best 3 Blog Posts Ever
The podium has changed. The blog post about podcasts overtook the post on How to Make Extra Money. Additionally, for the first time ever on my blog, a post was shared over 1000 (One Thousand) times. Truly amazing.
- 12 Best FIRE and Finance Blogs to Follow (+1800 Views | +475 Shares)
- 7 Things Successful People Do Everyday (+1500 Views | +1000 Social Media Shares)
- Personal Finance and FIRE Podcasts That Are Worth Checking Out (+1000 Views | +65 Shares)
This Month Numbers
As I’ve said before, these numbers are retrieved directly from Google Analytics. Last month blog report.
This month I had:
- 2153 Visitors (an increase from last month: 2064)
- 5534 Page Views (an increase from last month: 4693)
- Bounce Rate decreased to 79,65% which is GOOD. But also means that it’s still huge. (Last month: 81,34%)
- 2993 Sessions is a good number but still very far from the minimum of 25,000 sessions to start monetizing the blog with some ads. (Last month: 2840)
- Alexa Global Rank: 2,438,134
- SimilarWeb Global Rank: 2,221,387
- Country Rank (United States): 595,811
- I wrote 5 more posts (40% more work) only to have more 4,3% of visitors when compared with last month. This means a lot more work didn’t pay off. Something has to change.
In terms of location, the majority of my visitors are from the US (1275, 59,06%). Nothing changed here.
One of the key advantages of having all those social networks is that you can leverage your position (if you’re new) and try to reach more people using your own profiles and social pages. This month users coming from all social networks is 58,10% of all traffic. (Last month 72.66%). So I managed to balance things out (little more).
As I said it more than once: A blogger with a lot of followers in multiple social networks is a blogger with the possibility of free advertising. Free leverage.
In the last month, the numbers have grown again. Thank you all.
If you want to know some strategies that I’ve used to increase my follower base, here you have some posts:
- How to Get More Followers on Google Plus (+500 Views)
- 7 Ways to Grow Your Followers on Pinterest (+500 Views)
- How to Increase Your Traffic With StumbleUpon (+600 Views)
- How to Grow Your Facebook Page (+500 Views)
Finally, if you want to keep it up with all the updates from the blog, please follow one or more social links. It’s free and easy.
If you have a blog or a website, you really should consider having social profiles/pages linked to your website. It expands your online presence, making it easier to bring more traffic.
- The Best Social Media Tools To Bring More Traffic (+500 Views)
Additionally don’t forget to include social sharing buttons, to make it easy for others to share your work. You can try Social Warfare. This is a WordPress plugin that adds beautiful, lightning-fast social share buttons to your website or blog.
Newsletter subscribers February
One thing that I’ve been working lately is to make it really easy for people to subscribe to my newsletter. The objective is to increase the number of subscribers, and then to share the best content that I have with them. Also, there are some things – private – that will only be shared through the newsletter.
But for now, the newsletter is still under construction.
Total Subscribers – 19 (Last month: 12)
Goals For the Near Future
Last month I failed miserably all the metrics that I’ve set up to achieve. Next month I’ll continue to work on other strategies to help me get to those numbers. Wish me luck!
- Continue to write content that can help my visitors and followers;
- Try new secret strategies;
- Grow my audience to 3000 Visitors;
- Grow my friends and followers on my social profiles/pages to 2000;
- Grow my newsletter subscribers to 25.
Share it on Pinterest.