Blog traffic and Social Media Numbers
Welcome to the February blog report update! For the first month ever, I manage to schedule posts in advance and accomplish one of my important goals: to publish a post 3 days per week.
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. All weeks. Hooray!
You can read all of them here.
As I said it before, if you are consistent you can achieve good numbers while enjoying writing to help others. Also without feeling pressure (plan ahead!).
Top Posts February
- 12 Best FIRE and Finance Blogs to Follow (+1200 Views | +350 Shares) By a large margin the winner post of this month was a compilation of the best FIRE and Personal Finance Bloggers out there. Additionally, this post has 2 polls with over 75 votes so readers can choose what is his/her favorite blog.
- The Best Free Alternatives to Paid Software (+400 Views | +100 Shares) A list with over 90 FREE (or at least with some free features) solutions to paid software. This post you really want to bookmark – and share it with your friends – because it has many solutions that can be very useful if you are on a tight budget.
- How to Invest: A Free Tutorial For Beginners (+300 Views | +100 Shares) A simple and easy to follow guide to learn the basics and with some tips on how to construct a portfolio.
Best 3 Blog Posts Ever
- 12 Best FIRE and Finance Blogs to Follow (+1200 Views | +350 Shares)
- 7 Things Successful People Do Everyday (+1100 Views | +840 Social Media Shares)
- How to Make Extra Money (+700 Views | +150 Shares)
This Month Numbers
So after last month blog report, I decided to change the source of information about the traffic of the blog. From now on I will retrieve those numbers directly from Google Analytics a not from the plugin that I was using. I will keep the plugin in case something happens (backup), but I think Google can give me more accurate numbers.
So here goes.
So this month I had 2064 Visitors and 4693 Page Views. The bad news is that the Bounce Rate is huge 81,34%. I have a lot of traffic coming from StumbleUpon, and maybe that explains this bounce rate.
The United States keeps on winning by a long distance with 58,21%.
Traffic analyzed with more detail
One of the key advantages of having all those social networks is that you can leverage your position (if you’re new) and try to reach more people using your own profiles and social pages. As you can see users coming from all social networks is 72.66% of all traffic. Now it’s time to work on the other sources to balance things out.
Here is the social channel in more detail. I had 911 visitors from StumbleUpon (58.96% of all Social Networks Traffic Source)
One excellent surprise was my referral traffic – Visitors that come to your website from sites other than the major search engines.
As I said it more than once: A blogger with a lot of followers in multiple social networks is a blogger with the possibility of free advertising. Free leverage.
In the last month, the numbers have grown again. Thank you all.
If you want to know some strategies that I’ve used to increase my follower base, here you have some posts:
- How to Get More Followers on Google Plus (+300 Views)
- 7 Ways to Grow Your Followers on Pinterest (+300 Views)
- How to Increase Your Traffic With StumbleUpon (+500 Views)
- How to Grow Your Facebook Page (+300 Views)
Finally, if you want to keep it up with all the updates from the blog, please follow one or more social links. It’s free and easy.
If you have a blog or a website, you really should consider having social profiles/pages linked to your website. It expands your online presence, making it easier to bring more traffic.
- The Best Social Media Tools To Bring More Traffic (+250 Views)
Additionally don’t forget to include social sharing buttons, to make it easy for others to share your work. You can try Social Warfare. This is a WordPress plugin that adds beautiful, lightning-fast social share buttons to your website or blog.
Newsletter subscribers February
One thing that I’ve been working lately is to make it really easy for people to subscribe to my newsletter. The objective is to increase the number of subscribers, and then to share the best content that I have with them. Also, there are some things – private – that will only be shared through the newsletter.
But for now, the newsletter is still under construction.
Total Subscribers – 12
Goals For the Near Future
So here they are:
- Continue to write content that can help my visitors and followers;
- Grow my audience to 3000 Visitors;
- Grow my friends and followers on my social profiles/pages to 2000;
- Grow my newsletter subscribers to 25.